A job analysis is a detailed description of the different parts of a job and what a person needs to be able to do for each part.
A job analysis may include:
- Job title.
- Essential functions and/or job description.
- Job qualifications and skills.
- Strength needed for the job.
- Physical demands of the job.
- Machines, tools, and equipment used.
- Environmental conditions.
- Work schedule (number of hours, type of shift).
Examples of job descriptions and analyses that have been used for individuals with burn injuries returning to work: